Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012


SUMMER MARKETS STARTING!

Well Saturday starts the summer market season around here. It is a busy time of year around here as the tourist come in and fishing is in full swing. We have two markets every week in the area. One is on Wednesday’s and one is on Saturday’s. The one on Wednesday’s is in the neighboring town and lots of locals go to that one. The Saturday one is at the Visitor’s Center so we get lots of tourist traffic and when they go to the Visitor’s Center the market it set up right there and they come shopping. I mainly have Alaska themed items such as embroidered denim shirts, fleece scarves, pot holders…..that type of thing. Something small they can put in their suitcases and take them home. I have actually had people call me later in the year and order more items which is wonderful!

                                         Fleece scarf with Alaska embroidered on it.

 Well I have everything packed and ready to go. All the tubs are packed; display’s and tables ready and credit card machine checked out. I hope the season is good. Last couples of years the number of tourist have been down, but the so called “experts” have said it is supposed to be up this year. It would also be nice if the weather would cooperate and not be so cold and rainy all the time, but I guess when you live by the ocean that is what you get. Sometimes we have such cold days that we are all sitting in our booths with coats on! One thing tho…..everyone that comes to Alaska expects to be cold and it to rain so they shop anyway. They just get out their rain coats.
             3 of the 8 tubs that I take to the markets! Not including all the display stuff  I take! :)            



So how many of you do summer shows?

New recipe for you too. Sounds good. :)






5 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you :)! I do vintage fairs which is an awful lot of fun and also a lot of hard work but I really enjoy it. Am going to the first one of the summer on Sunday which shall be exciting.

    The Dorothy Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun, (but I am sure it takes a lot of work to get ready). I have never done a fair or market. I hope you have lot of sales. I bet it is really interesting to meet all the tourist and see where everyone is from

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take a lot of work, but I really enjoy it. It is fun to visit with all of the tourist and find out where they are from. We get them from all over the world. Even had to take my picture with some people from Germany last year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck this year!!! Used to live in Alaska, Fairbanks area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it is a good year! Know the Fairbanks area well. Been up there many, many times. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...