Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012


THUMBPRINT COOKIES

So how is everyone’s week before Christmas going? Is everyone finished shopping and wrapping? I ship all of my gifts to my dad and then we fly down so I have to be very organized and have everything down there by Thanksgiving right?..............NOT!! Needless to say I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind schedule this year and my dad just received the boxes yesterday, but hey they made it!!

Do you have all your baking done yet? Well for those of you that bake. I have one more batch of sugar cookies to do for my son’s family to take with us and then I will be done! HURRAH!! I usually make a couple of batches of these thumbprint cookies and they usually don’t last very long. I made a batch last week and this batch yesterday and yes………………they are just about gone.

I thought maybe you might like to have this recipe since everyone around here likes these cookies. I usually double the ingredients as one only makes about 16 cookies and we can eat those in a few hours!
 

 
¼ cup butter or margarine
¼ cup shortening
¼ cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg, separated
½ tsp vanilla
1 cup Gold Medal Flour
¾ cups finely chopped nuts
1 small container of candied cherries
Powdered sugar for icing
 
Heat oven to 350. Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Work in flour until dough holds together. Shape dough by teaspoonful’s into 1-inch balls.



Beat egg white slightly. Dip each ball into egg white; roll in nuts. Place 1- inch apart on ungreased baking sheet; press thumb deeply into center of each. Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet. Place candied cherry in center of each cookie. When cooled dribble with powdered sugar icing. And whalla….you are done!
 
 
 

 

I hope you like them as much as we do! Have fun with all of your baking and then we can all go on diets January 2nd! :)


 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Colleen for this recipe. Now to try not to burn them like I did the rolls I just made!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
    BNarb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...