Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013


2013 TOP TEN COLLECTIBLES
 





I am always reading about antiques, collectibles and prim’s and I came across this the other day in the Country Sampler. I thought I would share with you.

 
1.     INDIAN CLUBS: Indian clubs’ original function was as exercise equipment
2.     REDWARE: First made by English settlers in the 1600’s, this kind of pottery is red because of the high iron content of the clay that is use.








Redware

 
3.     BEADED PURSES: Many of these purses were manufactured from the end of the 19th century through the 1920”s
4.     THREAD AND YARN SPOOLS: Less expensive and brightly colored so they have plenty of collecting potential






Yarn spools

5.     BABY SHOES: Country collectors love baby shoes
6.     TRAMP ART FRAMES: Constructed with whatever materials the carver had on hand
7.     STEIFF BEARS: Steiff bear are always recognizable because they have a button in their ear(I didn’t know that)
8.     MORTARS AND PESTLES: First seen in the early 1800’s. Used by chemists to mix medicine.





mortars

9.     CROCK LIDS: Very decorated and display well
10.   BIRD FIGURES: And who doesn’t love birds!







      I collect a few things, but not near as much as I use to. I guess that is an “age” thing. Starting to downsize. I still collect old coffee tins because I like all the graphics on them and I collect wooden stompers too. Oh ya…and old boxes with writing on them. Here are a few of my coffee tins.



coffee tins

 
      Do you collect anything? If so, leave a comment and let us know what you collect. I would love to know.

     Well off to do my volunteering. Can’t believe how much time it can take when you so call “volunteer”!  Have a great day!




 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to visit!Hope you have a good and Godly day! Take time to spend with the Lord! Blessings, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you for this. I will be keeping an eye out s I browse the rummage sales, so I bookmarked this page since I have n memory! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I'd love to have that redware collection! I love butter stamps and paddles and other treenware and have a few crocks as well but don't really think I have enough to call it a collection quite yet. Working on it though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...