Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SPRING MARKET

Well I did the first market of the season. It was a spring market and the first of its kind around here. The Chamber of Commerce was doing it and it was by invitation.

vendor display

I was so happy to be invited to do this, but unfortunately it was a flop. :(  Not very many people came and the sales were really bad. I don't think it was advertised very well as so many of the people said they didn't hear about it and only saw the sign out front as they were driving by. And the bad thing is that sign was made by one of the vendors that he did overnight to get people in the next day. Like we always say "you have to let the people know you are there!"

vendors

Anyway I did have a good time visiting with people again and some of the vendors are my summer market "market buddies" that I hadn't seen all winter so it was good to see them again and visit with them. We are all getting anxious for the summer market to start. Hopefully it will be as good as last year was.


I took some of my new items to this show and my coffee cozies did well so I am thinking they may do good this summer. Actually need to make more so I can fill the basket back up!

coffee cozies

Also took a couple of my new mug rugs that I am working on. Had comments on how nice they were so I am hoping the summer crowd will like them too. Also had lots of comments on how pretty my tote bags are. Hoping I can whittle them down too.

mug rug
 
I am going to do a "Women's Shopping Expo" in a couple of weeks at the high school so I hope that goes well. First time I have done that one so maybe since I will be new they might like to see new items. Even if I don't do that well it is always fun to visit with people. That is why I like doing the summer market so much as you get to visit with people from all over the world!
 
Also on a weather note.......I know that I complain about the weather up here all the time as usually it is pretty crummy, but I thought I would let all of you know that we are getting close to 3 weeks of blue clear skies everyday!!!! That is unheard of around these parts!!!!! Of course that means it is 10 degrees below our normal temps so the snow isn't melting, but the sun is just wonderful. I can actually sit on my back porch in the sun and not have to have my coat on. YEA!! :)
 
snow
 
 
Well need to get busy finishing up some sewing projects for the summer. Oh ya...got to make more coffee cozies. :)
 
Also wanted to tell you I am going to be doing a giveaway for my one year blog anniversary next week so stay tuned for that! And as always checkout the new recipe I have for you. :) Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

  1. YEA for SUN...but watch out for break up!!
    Sorry your spring show did not do to well. I did one last year and lost money. After you figure in all the time and gas. I have one in a couple of weeks so I will keep my fingers crossed.
    Love your mug rugs!!
    Enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the show didn't do well, spring shows are always iffy and if it wasn't advertised that would really hurt. Glad you have sun but I bet you're ready for the snow to melt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...