Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

SUMMER POTATO SALAD RECIPE

Well summer is just rushing by for us. How is it going for all of you? Hope you are having a great summer. I have noticed that a lot of the west has been very hot lately and terrible fires going on. That is not a very good thing. Hopefully everyone is ok in those areas. 

There is still plenty of summer left to get those picnics and BBQ's in so I thought I would share my potato salad recipe with all of you. I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I have been making it for 40+ years (there I go again.....showing my age!) and what we like about it is it is made with Italian salad dressing so it isn't the "normal" potato salad. Has a little spice to it. I will give you the large recipe as I make a smaller one since it is just for the two of us now. Now I am one that does a pinch of this and glob of that and not exact measurements, so you will have to see what works for you. :)



Here it is......


Ingredients:





6 potatoes (red or russet...your choice)
4 hard boiled eggs
Appx 2/3 cups of bottle Italian salad dressing (I use Kraft)
Appx 2 large spoonful of dill pickle relish
Appx 3 large spoonful of Miracle Whip
Paprika

Instructions:

Boil and cook the potatoes until done. Cool to touch.

potato salad

Peel the potatoes and cut into hunks.


recipe

Put potatoes in bowl and add the Italian salad and stir to coat the potatoes. Refrigerate for 2 hours. After the potatoes have been refrigerated hard boil 4 eggs, peel and add to potatoes. Add relish and Miracle Whip and mix well with the potatoes and eggs.


potato recipe

Sprinkle top with paprika and walla................you have a great salad for your picnic or BBQ. 

potato salad

My family always likes this potato salad and I usually have some left over for the next day's lunch. :)

Enjoy those picnics & BBQ's!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious Colleen, I'll have to give it a try. Summer is speeding by, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...