Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Back From Vacation

Just got back from a weeks vacation visiting my daughter and her family. It was so great seeing the grandkids and her and...oh ya.....my son-in-law. LOL! Had a great time visiting them and getting to see the kids soccer, volleyball, and baseball games. Since we live so far away from them I don't get to see their games so I always enjoy getting to go to their games. 

A big highlight of my trip is always going to help my daughter deliver her papers. She is the publisher of The Country Register of Minnesota which is a shopping guide for the state of Minnesota. Some of you may be familiar with those nationwide papers. She delivers the paper to some of her advertisers closer to her town and when I come to visit we always time it so I can help her deliver the papers and see some of the shops! It is usually antique stores and of course..quilt shops! This time we went to see quilt shops and you want to talk about a kid in a candy store! What is really neat about doing this is that I get to see new fabrics. I am sure all you sewers have the same feeling, that I only get to see the fabrics my local shop has and then those get old so visiting these shops it was a whole new group of fabrics to see! I was doing the happy dance!!

Of course my hands were going crazy thru all the bolts and fat quarters. Here are a few of the fabrics I got. So many ideas of what to make with them and so little time to do them all. 



fabric



fabric


Another trip we always do when I go back since it is usually only one time a year (the plane flights are the flights from hell so I love to see the kids, but I hate the flights!!) is new tenny runner shoes. Here is my latest "fashion" purchase. Pretty snazzy huh.  :)




Well now that I have all that new fabric I need to get busy and get some new things made for my shop. Got to get my little fingers moving. :)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great visit with your daughter and her family Colleen! Wonderful new fabrics and great new shoes, happy walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time - so good to connect with family. Your plane ride must have been a l-o-n-g one. I can see why you don't take it often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...