Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Quilting Poem

I read this article the other day in The Country Register of Colorado and thought that many of you quilters(along with me) could relate to it. :)

Quilting
by Marlyn Hasart


About forty years ago
I was bitten by a bug.
I wasn't sick or feverish
Or drinking from a jug.

With paper and pencils, cloth and scissors
My "Artistic Juices" began to flow.
Cut and measure, snip and sew, rip and tear
This pile did grow.

Squares and sashing from fabric so smooth,
My feverish brow, it began to sooth.
Right sides together, seams to meet,
Sit and sew, press seams so neat.

Lay the block on the bed
All these ideas in my head.
Move blocks again till they seam right,
Alleluia, What a pleasing sight.

Back to the machine, I just had to buy,
And sew and sew-My how time flies.
Where's my dinner, my hubby did cry.
What are you doing? Up the stairs I did fly.
I'm making a "quilt" for our bed so warm
It will keep us cozy through the night's storm!

And now the years have so quickly passed,
The piles of quilts have grown so fast.
So now I give them to family and friends
And hope this bug lasts till my stash ends. 


Now I don't know about you quilter's, but I can soooooooooooooooooo relate to this poem. The stash just keeps growing and growing. :)


Have a great week!

Colleen :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...