Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Been Busy Sewing

Whew....my sewing machine has been in a whirl lately. I was so low on stock for the shop and upcoming summer season that I needed to kick it into gear. Normally I take a few weeks off after Christmas, but last year we did so well with the local shows and we now have our products in a local gift shop that our stock was sooooooooooooooooooooo depleted that I had to get started right away. :(

Anyway.....I thought I would show you some new candle mats that I made. I had some scrap fabrics laying around ( yep...laying around everywhere!!) that I thought they would make good candle mats/mug rugs. You can find them here in my Etsy shop. 








I like the folk art primitive look and I had some left-over fabric with small village and salt box houses print so I thought I would make these and use a checked fabric for the border. I think they turned out pretty nice and even hubby liked them so that must mean they are nice. :)




We don't have elk around here in the north country, but where we use to live the elk are very majestic and I thought this fabric was so pretty. I actually have used this fabric to make some coiled bowls, but I had a little left so I thought I would use it. 





I have always liked the Southwestern decor. I think the colors are so bright and festive even if I am a pastel person. I did an applique in the center and used hot chili pepper fabric for the border. This would spice up a kitchen. :)

So I have been busy sewing and sewing which of course I just love......get tired sometimes, but I do like it. So blessed to be able to do this everyday. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Colleen :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...